26 Mar Top 5 tips to be happy this Spring
Spring is in the air! Or is it? What with the Beast from the East at the start of March followed by the mini Beast from the East in the middle of March, dare we finally say that Spring has sprung? I really do hope so!
With the change of seasons and particularly as we are coming out of a long, harsh winter, spring is the perfect time to start thinking about making some changes to supercharge your health and put that “Spring” back in your step.
Perhaps you are thinking of cleaning up your diet or starting a new fitness regime to get ready for a much-needed summer holiday or you could simply be looking to have more energy and vitality. Incorporating regular Chiropractic care to your routine is also an excellent way to support you with living a healthy lifestyle.
A new fitness regime, changes to diet or even some enthusiastic spring cleaning of your home can all place additional stresses on your spine and nervous system which controls all of your bodily functions. A regular chiropractic check-up is a sensible preventative measure to keep you functioning at your best so that you can enjoy your new active lifestyle.
Whilst its great to be thinking about making improvements or changes to your lifestyle to enhance your health and wellbeing, I have been pondering lately on how important it is also to learn to be happy with your life today.
Too often, we fall into the trap of thinking that “I will be happy when I get that promotion” or “when I lose weight” or “when I am fitter” but what about simply accepting ourselves for who we are at this moment in time?
So, with this in mind, I bring you my top 5 tips for how to be happy this Spring:
- Keep a gratitude diary. Write down 3 things that you are truly grateful for each day. I personally have found that just the act of making this a daily habit helps to bring into your conscious mind all the simple things we are grateful for and it really does boost your mood.
- Get outside and do at least 30 mins of exercise every day – it can be as simple as a brisk walk or some yoga moves. Exercise boosts the body’s natural feel-good hormones – endorphins. So, exercising outdoors is the most potent anti-depressant and it is free!
- Try to get at least 7 hours sleep each night. Sleep deprivation can have a detrimental effect on our mood. A good nights sleep can really help to refocus the mind and put any worries we have into perspective.
- Spend time with the people you love – particularly if they make you laugh! Did you know that laughter can stimulate your muscles, lungs and heart? It’s also a fantastic stress reliever, and when you’re experiencing less stress, you have a better chance of experiencing whole body wellness.
- Get your spine checked by a Chiropractor so that you can move well and feel well. Contact us here to find out more.